ANNOUNCEMENT FOR POSITION OF PROJECT ASSISTANT FOR TWINNING PROJECT NO.EG/13/ENP/TR/23 “STRENGTHENING THE INSTITUTIONAL CAPACITY
OF THE EGYPTIAN ACCREDITATION COUNCIL (EGAC)”
The Egyptian Accreditation Council (EGAC) and BAM, the Federal Institute for Material Research and Testing – Germany, in consortium with ACCREDIA – The Italian National Accreditation Body, intend to carry out a 21 months EU Twinning Project in Egypt. The project is being implemented in the framework of the Support to the Association Agreement Programme (SAAP) – Ministry of International Cooperation, a programme funded by the European Union. The purpose of the project is to strengthen the capacity and widen the scope of EGAC. The EGAC organization will host a German Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA) and the team of experts for the duration of the project.
Applicants are invited for the position of a full time Residential Twinning Advisor Assistant ( RTA.A):
JOB TITLE: RTA ASSISTANT
Place of Work:
The Egyptian Council for Accreditation (EGAC) - Kornish El-Nile, El-Maadi, Cairo, Egypt
Contractual nature of the job
Service Contract, (for the project period) with the Support to the Association
Agreement Programme (SAAP).
Negotiable, subject to evaluation of skills and experience.
Status of the position:
The RTA assistant employment will run from the date of the signature of the contract and throughout the implementation period of the twinning contract. The implementation of the twinning contract is expected to start in Oct 2014.
The RTA assistant will work under the supervision of and report to the RTA
Description of the job
- Provide administrative assistance for the Twinning project
- General support to the RTA in terms of office management, record keeping, correspondence, drafting of minutes of meetings and TOR's or any other reports
- Drafting and editing of written project materials in Arabic and English.
- Assisting the RTA in identifying, contracting and monitoring translation and interpretation services;
- Supporting the RTA and short-term experts from the MS and other foreign specialists involved in the project in matters related to problems due to being and working in a foreign country;
- Maintenance and reconcilement of project's basic accounting records (project journal, mission certificates, financial reports), archiving of financial documentation (invoices, etc.) and monitoring of expenses
- Accompany EU experts in field missions within Egypt if needed
- Provide services of interpretation to meetings between MS and BC short-term experts and translation of documents.
- Assisting in all project related matters which will be assigned to him/her by the RTA
- Be a native speaker of Arabic language;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; German or Italian language skills would be of an advantage
- Very good computer skills, proficiency in using MS office tools including, skills of other ICT tools or network supervisor experiences are of an advantage;
- Work minded with excellent communication and intercultural competence
- At least university level degree and experience in a related field preferred; secretarial, office management or similar subjects
- At least of 5 years work experience of which at least 3 years must be relevant
to the position;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations.
Applications should include a motivation letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae. The applications should be sent no later than Monday 1st of September 2014at the following e-mail address:
More information can be obtained from: Nadia Noureldin, A. Projects Manager, Support to the Association Agreement Programme, Ministry of International Cooperation
Phone: 02- 27923438